Wishing you a Merry Christmas from Anglia Square!
I spent an hour or so here the other day. It's a bustling and busy place - a real hive of activity - but has become increasingly worn and weathered. There is talk of redevelopment again, and hopefully some good plans will come forward as so much of it outside the main square is empty now. Despite all of the shortcomings, most people from Norwich do have a little soft spot for this place and the many people frequenting it. There is a huge amount of street art around the back, but I didn't venture that far this time. Here are some of the things that caught my eye on my short trip around this iconic place.
1. The lights were a dim twinkle here. Good effort elsewhere in the square though!
2. Planet of the Vapes. I see what they did here.
3. I really loved the line up of shopping trolleys here. Polka dot is in this year.
4. The stairwells are something else. I've never seen and smelt so much piss.
5. Upstairs in the car park where there is no parking. There are some interesting views of the city through the frame of the exit ramp. To the right of where I was standing is the Hollywood Cinema with the great mural of Alan Partridge by Gnasher.
6. On the way in to Anglia Square is a lovely record shop, one of a couple along Magdalen Street. I will always love a good record shop.